Introduction to Innovation Management
Innovation is not an art, it is a capability
Most companies that distinguish themselves from their competitors through long-term success have one thing in common: They live and act by the conviction that innovation is manageable rather than a result of purely accidental circumstances.They implement a holistic system that is directed towards effective and efficient management of their innovation activities and drive innovation projects in a structured way. Understanding the key elements of a holistic innovation management system is at the core of this course. We will build onto the A.T. Kearney House of Innovation – a framework that is compliant with the international CEN/TS 16555 und CWA 15899 standard – to learn about the relevant dimensions of successful innovation management.
Based on a solid understanding of important terminologies and the benefits of innovation management, interactive discussions and case examples will help you develop the necessary capabilities to excel with innovation management. Furthermore, our international workshop formats are a great opportunity to enrich your individual value network by getting in contact with international innovation enthusiasts.
What will the programme look like?
This highly interactive training course covers:
- Definitions and benefits of innovation and innovation management
- 5 dimensions of the A.T. Kearney House of Innovation:
- Innovation strategy – The compass for a company’s innovation journey
- Innovation organization and culture – The basis for successful innovation management
- Innovation life-cycle management – The “engine room” of innovation management
- Innovation enabling factors – Gearing innovation management towards sustainable growth
- Innovation results – Focusing on business impact of innovation management
- Trigger points to better support enterprises in (further) developing their innovation management performance and how to leverage them
After participating in this training course, you will be given the opportunity to assess your (or a client’s) innovation management and to receive a tailor-made benchmarking report using the globally leading IMP³rove innovation management database covering various key performance indicators alongside the dimensions of the A.T. Kearney House of Innovation.
Who can take part in this course?
“Introduction to innovation management” is suitable for everyone who wants to develop a solid set of innovation management capabilities. So far, we welcomed managers, consultants, intermediaries who support companies in gaining competitive edge, as well as policy makers and academia.
The training course does not have pre-requisites.
The course is a relevant module for a potential certification to IMP³rove Senior Expert. For details, please consider the detailed information on certification here.