Design Thinking for Better Innovation Management
Understand and apply Design Thinking for better innovation management
Would you like to be able to understand the user, challenge assumptions, and redefine problems in an attempt to identify alternative strategies and solutions that might not be instantly apparent with your initial level of understanding? Then our training course “Design Thinking for Better Innovation Management” will surely be of interest to you. We will make you familiar with Design Thinking, an iterative process and at the same time solution-based approach to solving problems.
By participating in this course you will gain a clear understanding of design-driven innovation management. We aim to provide you with the confidence to apply techniques and tools in practice. It is our intention to develop your understanding of the people for whom you are designing the products or services, which in turn helps you to observe and identify the target user’s needs. The training course “Design Thinking for Better Innovation Management” helps you in tackling problems that are ill-defined or unknown, by reframing the problem in human-centric ways, creating many ideas in brainstorming sessions, and adopting a hands-on approach in prototyping and testing. Finally, the training course offers a starting point for ongoing experimentation: sketching, prototyping, testing, and trying out concepts and ideas.
What will the programme look like?
This highly interactive training course combines theory and practical application and covers the following content:
- Five dimensions of design-driven innovation management
- Design-driven innovation targets: What can and should be achieved by design-driven innovation efforts?
- Design-driven innovation teams: How to foster design-driven innovation within organisations and project teams?
- Design-driven innovation techniques and tools: Which techniques and tools can be used to operationalise design-driven innovation?
- Breakout sessions on observation, brainstorming, prototyping and testing
- Design-driven innovation transparency: How to measure design-driven innovation success?
- Break-out session: “Developing smart solutions”
Who can take part in this course?
“Design Thinking for Better Innovation Management” is suitable for anyone who is seeking to develop or enhance design-driven innovation management competencies. So far, we have welcomed (innovation) managers, consultants, intermediaries who support companies in developing their innovation management capabilities, as well as policy makers and academia.
- The course is a relevant module for a potential certification to IMP³rove Senior Expert. For details, please consider the detailed information on certification here.
• 2 days
• Fee for the course: € 1,800.00 per person (price is plus VAT and valid until further notice)